do you have to have a real estate license to sell reverse mortgages in california?

We live in California and want to know about each state. Mostly Florida and California.

By | 2013-08-27T21:19:37+00:00 August 27th, 2013|Mortgages Home Loans Interest Rate|2 Comments

About the Author:


  1. John August 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM - Reply

    Mortgages are regulated at the state level. The type of mortgage rarely makes a difference unless you are talking about commercial vs. residential loans.

    Check online to read up on the state regulations. Mortgage brokers in CA have to have a real estate license so you can assume that a reverse mortgage would fall under those regulations.

  2. Skip August 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM - Reply

    Having a license to sell any mortgage or be in the mortgage business depends on the type of license your broker has.

    If your broker has a Department of Real Estate Broker’s license then you to have to be licensed by the Department of Real to work for this broker.

    If your broker or you have a California Consumer Finance Lenders License, then you are not obligated to have a Department of Real Estate License.

    I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

Leave A Comment